[OM] Re: The Shock of Influence

Subject: [OM] Re: The Shock of Influence
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:31:54 -0400
I tell them that, afaik, all manufacturers cancel the warranty once the
camera is abused.  If you do get it fixed, you get the shorter repair
warranty.  The way Olympus words their warranty, you could send the
camera back following repair every 5+ months and get constant free
repairs.
Some people don't get it, I'm amazed how disconnected they are from
accepting responsibility for anything.  I'll always remember the guy who
shipped an OM-1 to me, no body cap, no plastic bag.....packed inside a
box of vermiculite (a gardening additive, looks like ground up mica).
There are grades used as packing material, but this was like Miracle-Gro
brand "Pearlite".  It was everywhere inside the camera, inside the focus
screen, meter, shutter. It became my fault for delivering the bad news.
"Your camera is now beyond repair".  DOH!

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon dot net