[OM] Re: The Shock of Influence

Subject: [OM] Re: The Shock of Influence
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:04:30 -0400
On Thu April 12 2007 8:31 am, John Hermanson wrote:

> Some people don't get it, I'm amazed how disconnected they are from
> accepting responsibility for anything.  I'll always remember the guy who
> shipped an OM-1 to me, no body cap, no plastic bag.....packed inside a
> box of vermiculite (a gardening additive, looks like ground up mica).
> There are grades used as packing material, but this was like Miracle-Gro
> brand "Pearlite".  It was everywhere inside the camera, inside the focus
> screen, meter, shutter. It became my fault for delivering the bad news.
> "Your camera is now beyond repair".  DOH!

> John Hermanson
There seems to be individuals where nothing is their fault always someone
else's. They can really make you give up dealing with people in general.
Vermiculite is a expanded mica. From http://www.perlite.net "Perlite is a
expanded siliceous rock...This expansion process also creates one of
perlite's most distinguishing characteristics: its white color." Either or
both would be very nasty in a camera.