[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:37:37 +1000
Most Europeans spend 2-3 times what you do on gas/petrol. Their
economies are not wrecked, they do not curl up in a foetal ball on
the living room rug and the sky has not fallen. They choose to drive
smaller cars, less far. Of course, in many cases (but certainly not
all) they have less far to go.
Driving long distances in huge, oil-hungry vehicles has become a case
of ostentatious consumption in both Europe and the US. People do it
to demonstrate that they can and 'screw the rest of you'. The average
US vehicle is now fuel injected, smaller and far more economical than
20 years ago.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx