[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:26:11 -0600
Jan,

I think the basis for the idea that more oil will be available when it gets
more expensive is the idea that people will buy less of it if the price
becomes too high. With non-essential commodities, this works out...higher
prices reduce demand while lower prices tend to encourage demand. The
problem is that oil is something most Americans simply cannot go without. In
most places, if you want to have a job, you have to own a car and put gas in
it to get there. You can't simply choose to not buy gas because it is too
costly. Same goes for things like medical care and food. What will happen
when oil gets too costly is that our economy will be wrecked.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com