[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:33:36 -0700
> From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> :::: The Apocalypse has Four Horsemen: climate change, habitat
>> destruction, industrial agriculture, and poverty. Each Horseman holds
>> a whip called Growth in his hand. None can be stopped unless all are
>> stopped. -- David Foley ::::
>
> Mere words cannot express the level of my respect for someone who
> compares agriculture to poverty and habitat destruction as one of
> the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

You left out the "industrial" part. And I assume you meant
"disrespect" here, Barry! :-)

:::: Modern agriculture is the use of land to convert petroleum into
food. Without petroleum we will not be able to feed the global
population. -- Robert L. Hickerson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::