[OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:38:16 -0700
The DPS - 9000 Li Ion battery by Digi Power is 7.2 volts and was advertised
to operate the 6.0 Volt C-Series Olympus Cameras, which I have ones them on
for the last several years until upgrading to a E-500. Steve's Digi Cams I
think is where the original test was that I saw.

It has a + center post, the Amp isn't on the battery or the package. Maybe
you can find it on line, but what ever it is, it is safe for a C-Series
camera if you know the draw of that.

These were about $50 dollars recommended price, have a tripod screw so I
screw them into the bottom of the camera, then can attach that to a tri pod
and not get caught up in wires. I have bought all but my first one for $35,
but I had to search around the internet a bit. Ritz and Thomas batteries use
to carry them, but I don't think so any more. Amamzon tried to sell me
several, said they were in stock and 2 weeks after I placed my order told me
that it would be a few more months, they've done that to me every
November/December, my usually time to go searching for new batteries.

The DPS 8-000, if you can find one, is 6 V and has a long cord and a belt
clip, doesn't attach to the tripod or camera. Great NiMi battery, just no
where as convenient to use, doesn't last quite as long, though I got hours
of use from both of these. I started with these in 2001 and upgraded in 2004
I think it was.

Scott