[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:29:33 +1100
Pensioners collecting cans - that is exactly the measure of
effectiveness - they have value and are recovered by some means.
That's what used to happen when I was a kid and I made pocket money
that way. But those were the days when a beer bottle made over a
hundred trips on average and a milk bottle over 600.  It's
unfortunate that the deposit is not applied in the other states.
Forgive me but it really seems that you have got your back up over
this issue and are really casting around for any slender thread to
support your furious objection at being forced into something you
don't much want to do. It seems a simple enough shift and the
objections to be a real stretch. Fluorescents have been around for a
long time and the technology is well known and assessed - not just a
single 'report or article.'  People litter but the school oval is not
covered in light bulbs - just the usual chip packets sold by the
school canteen.
It isn't 'plainly' silly and none of the foregoing has proved any
such thing. But there is much nastier stuff in the average household
and that won't be disposed of properly either. And there is no way of
recycling light globes effectively but we don't seem to be up to our
armpits in dead ones or sufferring from tungsten poisoning.
Jeez mate - i thought I was contrary.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx