[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:46:41 -0700
> From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am still waiting for the led bulbs to reach suitable stage of
> development I can't believe why no one is taking this form of lighting
> seriously, then we will see some major savings and benefits.

You need to be careful how you use them. The tests I've done indicate
that they are *not* as efficient as CFBs, based on the total light
output per power input.

The advantage they have is that they can direct that light very
effectively, so the illumination on a relatively small area is
greater per power input than with a CFB.

So, use LEDs for task lighting, and fluorescent for area lighting.

:::: God is a comedian playing to an audience too terrified to laugh.
-- Voltaire ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::