[OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
Here in New France, the "system" is even more big-brotherish.  Within
the towns and cities, there is some archaic system of numbering, but
cities like mine are totally numbered.  For instance, my address is
something like 1210 S 14th ave W.  That means I'm 12 blocks west of
city center, 14 blocks south, approximately 10% into the block on the
north side.

Out in the countryside, the new E911 standards dictated a complete
renaming of the roads.  In each county, the east-west roads are named
streets starting alphabetically from the south end.  So the first
road might be "Adams St." while the next one a mile up is "Bowel St",
etc.  Each mile has 100 addresses (starting at 1000) available and
the specific number assignment is determined by east/west or
north/south side of the road (ie, odd number west side) and the
percentage of the way itno that mile.  So, if your house is half a
mile down Adams St on the north side, your address would be 1151
Adams St.  Pretty simple, actually.  Oh, and if you're on the east
side of the county, your address might be 2751 Adams St.

When all else fails, GPS coordinates also work.

AG

Need Mail bonding?