[OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:03:54 +1100
Mine is an extreme situation - but we've never had a confused visitor
as those numbers are around 5km apart. The normal suburban system -
number, street, suburb. A simple hierarchy where a street with 200
blocks on it has numbers 1-200. If a block is divided at some stage
the 81a and 81b might be used.
The schemes you describe seem to require a minor degree in
mathematics - or a very long period of acclimatisation. It has a
logic, but then so does the Tokyo system I believe. I guess we all
find the system that we grew up with to be simple, obvious and
intuitive - it's only stupid foreigners who have the sheer bad
manners to say 'Shit that's weird.'
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx