[OM] RE : Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] RE : Re: OT: French Empires
From: "stephan Van den Zegel" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:45:07 +0100
In fact not nazis at all, plain old fashioned traditionalist reaction,
believing in agricultural values, army, church, family... order... but
in a antimodernist way... even against technical modernism... no
autobahn, no airplanes, not even a nice camera...  That's why modernist
right wing (like De Gaulle or Potez who later changed his name for
Dassault), Technocratic left (Jean Moulin) and the communists (after
1941) could join against an old and common enemy...
French fascist were few and atypical (the Parti Populaire Français under
the leadership of an ex-communist for instance), fascism was even too
modern for Vichy...

Stephan