[OM] RE : Re: RE : Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] RE : Re: RE : Re: OT: French Empires
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:36:14 -0500
Ha! There's some truth to that and that is the motto of Professor Shadokko, a
character that appeared in an infamous cartoon series c. 1968.
<http://www.lesshadoks.com/>.

Yet couldn't the DS do such things as drive on three wheels, lose energy to its
fliying body panels in a head-on collision, have headlight beams that tracked
into the turn instead of aiming straight ahead, pump its body up and down with
its hydropneumatic suspension? And of course the first aeroplane that could
reliably fly any useful distance was French-designed... everything before that
was a bicycle with wings ;-) <http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/bleriot/tour.html> -
Phil

--- No More France!

On 13:43, stephan Van den Zegel wrote:

>French technology is quite a story in itself, the mirage, the
>concorde, the focaflex and the DS ... or the Leduc airplane... all
>came from a technological philosophy that often says "Pourquoi faire
>simple quand on peut faire compliqué ?"... anyone who tried to
>renovate a DS will understand my meaning.
>

>Stephan

==