[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:41:23 -0500
Regarding media, there is a book that shows early battles for political primacy
in the new American Republic. The title is "American Aurora," from the name of
a paper run by a nephew of Ben Franklin's I think. Now Ben Franklin, he's the
greatest American ever. His name and Tom Paine's should be plastered all over
the country. They were the real liberals, in the true sense of the word. The
American Republic was not founded by conservatives. In those days, they were
called 'Tories.' I think many of those who think they are conservatives today
should really call themselves Federalists. They almost started a war with
France, remember? ;-) - Phil

==