[OM] Re: Apologies to Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: Apologies to Moose
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:25:27 -0500
Hi Chris,

On 3/11/07, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel
>
> I had to do a Google search to find your website as I had failed to
> add it to my Bookmarks.  That is now rectified.
>
> I can see that you are experimenting, but for what it's worth:

You anticipate me, and you are right, I am trying a little of this and that.

> 1.      The Hawaii photos are gorgeous, but the blue of the "trim" affects
> the colour.
> 2.      I like the colour scheme of Isle Royale gallery the best.
> 3.      Your own layout now complements your Iowa gallery nicely.
> 4.      I recommend that you adjust your front page to match either 2 or 3.

These are just versions of the popular "Chameleon" skin.  I've been
thinking of having different colors for different galleries.  That
blue color seemed the closest association to Hawaii in my mind of what
was offered, but I'm not wedded to it.

> The American Southwest was a nostalgic journey, especially:
>
> http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/g3/gump02.htm

Given the decrepitude of that particular gallery, I should probably
unlink it.  That's about the oldest thing I've got on the web, but I'm
glad there's something there for you.  I have taken a lot of SW photos
since then.  I will be a fun but big job to get all the subsequent
galleries up.  My biggest motivation in all this is that I haven't
been at all good at showing these places to my family.  They put up
with my being gone for stretches and have never seen much of the
result.  My son is starting to get a little serious about photography
now, so that's added incentive.  I'd love to do a serious photo trip
with my boy.

> which is the view that I first had of Monument Valley and took me
> totally by surprise.  I was driving a CruiseAmerica RV and my wife
> was navigating, but she had not told me that we were about to reach
> this place.  Our 2 sons were chatting in the back and suddenly this
> view appeared!

Glad to have something to do with such a reminiscence.

> Thanks
>
> Chris
> p.s. I'm not sure that "rude" described your reply; perhaps "blunt-
> and-to-the-point" would the trick ;-).  cb.

You're a model of civility, Chris.  My reply was not "Barkeresque,"
shall we say.  I can improve and I will.

Thanks,
Joel W.