[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:27:35 -0700
Only to someone who is really insecure about his masculinity. That is
the whole joke, lack of "manliness", right? Considering we also left
Vietnam, in a considerably greater rush, after years of great
sacrifice of our young men  I could imagine an American model of this
knife would be designed for the really stupid maybe with a case in
the shape of a domino. What is it with the American penchant for the
bashing the French and calling it humor?  Do we just resent them
because they were right about Vietnam and again right about Iraq? And
why are we such fools for leaders with southern accents, whether
Johnson or Bush,  who personally avoided service and who take us to
war for imaginary reasons and jingoistic glory.

Also I do not understand something sure to be offensive to the
members of the list who are French, have French relatives or friends,
or who have warm memories of interaction with French people is OK
because of a disclaimer about intent. Kind of like farting in an
elevator after saying the same thing.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA