[OM] Re: Apologies to Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: Apologies to Moose
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:29:02 -0500
On 3/12/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Very nice of you to apologize, not really necessary, but thank you anyway.
>
> I can confirm that it is now quite pleasant to browse through your
> galleries. I've just had a trip through your Southwest gallery and
> enjoyed it very much. You may be tired of it or have nwe better stuff to
> post, but I found several of the images first rate.I'll be browsing
> other areas too.
>
> Thanks,
>   Moose

Thanks for responding and for your kind comments.  The site certainly
isn't yet ready for primetime, but thanks for looking all the same.

Like many people, I had thought at one time that a web site might
generate some interest in sales of my photos.  I think I've maybe sold
one that way.  I do better just letting people rifle through prints,
so that's where my effort has gone.  I had a web site up and running
pretty early (pre-dating Dreamweaver, Frontpage, etc.) and then I just
lost interest in it for most intents and purposes and didn't bother to
learn much to keep up with changing standards.

But I am interested in giving my family a chance to see where I've
been, mostly without them.  I could have done slide shows, but I was
always using my time to scan instead.  With digital capture, of
course, the slide show possibility is gone too (not doing digital
projection yet).

As I go back and look at older scans, I face an interesting
realization.  When it comes to the digitized image, I certainly do
like original digital capture better now.  I like the color accuracy
in particular.  I don't care so much about the grain/noise, but if I
did, I would certainly lose all interest in film in a hurry.  I was
scanning some Kodachrome slides yesterday that I just got back and I
had forgotten how difficult it is to get anything like the pop, when
they are scanned, that one experiences with Kodachrome slides on a
light bench .  It's a lot of work too.

Joel W.