[OM] Re: [OT] DSLR market share in Japanese market

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] DSLR market share in Japanese market
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:42:24 -0700
I understand these tables are very misleading unless you know what
they are measuring. Often they represent wholesale sales to
distributors and do not take into account that some makes have big
retail inventories and others are constantly back ordered. Different
makers are on different fiscal years, Canon and Nikon for instance
and sometimes there are tables that just leave out a quarter for some
makers. And yes, as you say, the figures might be for a limited
market that does not represent world wide sales accurately because
tastes are different in different markets and as we all know
sometimes some cameras are only available in some markets.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA