[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:31:21 -0800
An American yam is a sweet potato. Just a word usage. It is not a
potato. The true yam is grown in Africa and other tropical hot areas
something else entirely. There are lots of varieties of sweet
potatoes from the deep red ones I grew up with and we called yams to
the pale creamy fleshed varieties.

Never ever have I seen a green fleshed cantaloupe. Sometimes there is
a thin green layer under the skin if it is not ripe. Musk melon is a
big group that includes cantaloupes, cranshaws, green fleshed
honeydews and canteloupe like "musk melons". My local farmers' market
that sometimes sells what they call musk melons. They look like a
canteloupe, but not as good tasting to me. I suspect you call
canteloupes musk melons down there because you like the sound of
it.  :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA