[OM] Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: New Person to the group
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:52:39 -0800
Allen just reminded me of something I asked on the other group and was
greeted with pure silence both times I asked it.

Is there some pace on the internet that has lens's rated, where we can just
go look for ourselves, verses pestering any who will still read our
messages?

A Camera store fella, Close Focus, Misha, told me, when I first got started,
that my Tokina EMZ 820 80-200 mm F -4 Y/CX for Yashica FR. Contax won an
award the year it came out, 1978. It is OK, it just isn't near enough Zoom,
and I have a 4/3rds adaptor for it, but can't use any of the 2 or 3 X
teleconverters, as the ones I have are OM's.

And I have heard that Tokina may be a good lens, but like the Phoenix, their
Fish eye's are suppose to be good, stay away from the rest of their stuff
(my brick and mortar store told me that).

Is there anyway we can ourselves, find this out, or is all the available
data from those whom have gone before us (and purchased their own mistakes,
as I have been learning to do too)?

And Allen, how are you going to get  canon Lens on your 4/3rds cameras? (Not
using RTV are you?)

Scott