[OM] Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: New Person to the group
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:15:53 -0800
Scott Peden wrote:
> So, I am trying to find out how my Tokina stacks up against other 80-200
> lens's. Misha had nothing to gain and everything to lose by telling me it
> was a good lens, since I already had it.

I would expect the Tokina to be pretty good. They have been making
80-200 lenses forever. I used their RMC 80-200/4.5 with good results for
years when lenses were expensive and I had limited funds for such things.

One thing to remember about all this lens stuff is that the sharpness of
our pictures is more often affected by our technique, or lack of same,
and our other equipment, than by limitations of our lenses. Of course
this varies from person to person, but still...

Didn't think I'd need a tripod today.
Light was better earlier.
Sure, I can hand hold 1/200 with a 300 mm lens.
Sure, f8 will be enough for DOF
You can think of others

If you have a lens that gives you good results, don't spend time
fretting. If not, test it with some careful technique before blaming it.

Moose