[OM] Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: New Person to the group
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:51:33 -0800
Allen Coltrin wrote:
> So no to these ?:
>
> Contax/ Yashica 500/8 Sigma-XQ Mirror

OK

> Tokina 500mm 1:8 Lens for Canon 35mm Camera w/2 filters
> 1000 mm F 13.5 Sigma Manual Focus Lens For Canon SLR

Apparently no. Can't tell from what you've given. The older Canon MF
mount, called FD, should be adaptable to 4/3, although I don't see it in
the list I gave you. This listing doesn't say whether it is the old FD
MF  mount or the new AF mount, officially named EF, but often called EOS
mount, which is not adaptable. In any case, neither listing specifies
the mount.
> 1000mm telephoto lens f EOS 5d 10d 20d XT ELAN 30d

Nope, no EOS.

> 600mm solid cat lens canon EF Minolta Maxxum Nikon Sony

Nope

> Not sure on this one:
>
> 500 mm f8 / 1000mm f11 lens for Minolta XD/XG SRT MC/MD

Minolta MD is on the list, so ok.

> TOKINA 400mm f/5.6 - NIKON AI-S
Should be ok

But remember, if you gather a bunch of different mount lenses, you will
need a separate adapter for each mount, which eats money and is awkward
in use.

If you have or ever plan to get OM film bodies, you should stick to OM
mount lenses. You then need only the one adapter for OM => 4/3. That's
how i adapt my many MF lenses to my Canyon DSLRs, via OM mount.

Tamron Adaptall lenses use separate adapters for different mounts, so
any of them may be used as OM with the correct Adaptall2 adapter. Some
longer mirror lenses are really telescopes that can be used as camera
lenses, my 1000/11 Meade, for example. These generally use a simple
adapter called a T or T2 adapter, which is cheap.

So for the Meade, I have:

1. A photography adapter from Meade, which replaces the eyepiece holder
with a T thread adapter.

2. A T adapter for OM mount.

And I would need for use on an E-thingie.

3. An OM=> 4/3 adapter.

or a T adapter for 4/3. I don't know if these exist yet.

Complicated enough?

Moose