[OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:15:55 -0800 (PST)
A year ago I bought my Coolscan V-ED and it was having supply
problems then.  In fact, I've been kinda monitoring it ever since and
about every two months it goes unavailable almost across the entire
country.

Do I see Nikon ever updating the Coolscan line again?  Possibly, but
highly doubtful. I honestly think that other than in speed there
really isn't much more to improve.  They've ridden this horse to what
is probably the logical conclusion.

I really like my V-ED and think that its greatest benefit over the
flatbeds (which are getting outstanding) is dirt and handling.  With
a flatbed you have to constantly keep the bed clean.  The Coolscan is
essentially maintanence-free.

AG

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail