[OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:01:16 -0600

> Sales of film scanners won't increase as film sales drop ... I suspect
> flat bed scanners will continue to improve but the dedicated film
> scanner will quickly become history.
Although I think that flatbeds are still not ultimately as good as dedicated
film scanners, they seem to be getting to the point where the difference is
too small to support both types. The additional costs of a dedicated film
scanner will be the death of them. We see the lower end and the higher end
dying. What will become of Imacon?

Bill Pearce