[OM] Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?

Subject: [OM] Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:31:13 -0800
I was perusing the digital and film newsgroups and a thread popped up about film
scanning.  It was noted that Nikon film scanners had disappeared from the
shelves.  I popped onto B&H and Adorama, and sure enough, all Nikon scanners are
back ordered.  Now is this because Nikon is getting ready to introduce new
lines, or as one part of the thread is touting, the market got saturated for
film scanners and Nikon is ending a non-profitable line.

I made the mistake of cheaping out for a Minolta Dual Scan IV.  It's an ok
scanner but no ICE.  I was thinking some day of replacing it with a Coolscan.

So is Nikon going to a new line, going flatbed or just leaving the building ala
Elvis?

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets