[OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Scanners going the way of the Dodo?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:13:27 -0700
That is actually the problem...slow production. I worked at a camera store
in Santa Fe till 2 months ago and we got them in, but never in the numbers
we wanted. We special ordered a glass carrier for the Nikon 8000/9000
scanners and it took 2 months to arrive. Our Nikon sales rep told us that
the scanners were being produced in small quantities because nikon had
limited production capacity and was using most of it for their cameras and
lenses instead of scanners. They are still being made and still available
but you'll likely need to special order one and wait a bit.

Chris Crawford
Santa Fe, NM

Http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com