[OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:05:14 -0600
Oh, I know next to nothing, just scouting out stuff. But I do have the Shuffle
and cx 300s and do I agree on the gym! But that market is bewildering and I
sniff snake oil all around mixed in with the good stuff. Plus, the subjectivist
school of audio criticism, although legitimate, also gives cover to a lot of BS
artists. It seems you need basic math, physics, acoustics and electronics plus
psychoacoustics and information theory just to begin to make sense of the
techno-cacophony out there -- oh, and musical training. It's nuts. - Phil

On 18:37, Chris Barker wrote:

>I'm not as knowledgeable as Phil, but remember that we are
>Zuikoholics, that we appreciate good design and aesthetics without
>worrying ourselves about the cost of a contender that is almost as
>good ;-)
>
>And my iPod is helping me to get fit; I find exercise utterly
>boring, but my little gizmo has all manner of podcasts on it,
>including Photoshop TV, and they help stave off the ennui of the
>rowing machine.
>
>Chris

==