[OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]
From: Nick Wilson <toona@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:56:37 +1100
Chris Barker wrote:
> I'm not as knowledgeable as Phil, but remember that we are
> Zuikoholics, that we appreciate good design and aesthetics without
> worrying ourselves about the cost of a contender that is almost as
> good ;-)
...but as Zuikoholics, perhaps we should be honour bound to look for the
interesting, well designed, perhaps 'quirky in a good way' alternative
to the mainstream and hype, rather than rushing lemming-like to buy the
brand everyone else does!

I get a bit of a shiver when someone says 'you must buy an ipod', in the
same way as someone saying 'you must buy a Canon'. Both are fine, but
not the whole world! And the things everyone runs to are of course not
necessarily the best: witness Dan Brown books!

So, yes, I bought a Creative Zen MicroPhoto: cheaper (especially as it
was on special), has a radio and voice recorder built in, plus has a
hard disk mode that allows up to 4Gig to be partitioned off as an
external hard drive. I use it as a backup when on the road with a laptop.

Nick

PS I know that lemmings don't really rush to their deaths over some
Greenland cliff!