[OM] Re: LightRoom v.1 news

Subject: [OM] Re: LightRoom v.1 news
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:20:50 -0500
I actually called Apple to inquire how important it is to match
drives in the Mac Pro, and was amazed to discover that the fellow on
the phone, the one I got after pushing the correct number for Mac
Pro, said he didn't think it mattered, but he wasn't really sure. I
have been burned so many times by that kind of information that I
decided all things being equal, I would match the drives if I could,
and I can. He did say they don't always use the same drives, so I
guess it's a matter of what's available at what cost at the time
they're building the machines.

The nice thing about mounting hard drives in a Mac Pro is you don't
need no stinking wires or nothing. You just screw the drive in the
cradle and reinsert into the machine. Even I might be able to pull
that one off. (I'll let you know after the drive arrives.)

Glad I missed the whine, though. I'm not a tech-head, but could the
whine be a suggestion of defect in the drive? Maybe a clue to
impending failure?

--Bob