[OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem

Subject: [OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:23:02 -0800
Some wide angle and normal lenses (especially those with floating elements)
have been found to be very sensitive to film to flange distance. Many of the
Zeiss/Contax lenses being used with an adapter on Canon DSLR's can go from
bad to excellent with as little as .1mm difference. Some believe that even
a 0.05mm spec is needed for optimal performance. There has been much
discussion, and results posted, on this topic in the FM forums over the last
year. Here is the latest post:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/492605/2

Paul