[OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem

Subject: [OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:13:53 -0500
At 06:26 PM 1/21/2007, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I'm not sure I understand the mechanism.  There was an especially
>marked effect with a N*kon WA.  See below and the subsequent
>pages.  Even the center frame sharpness was affected.  Perhaps some
>are not machined well and are not even truly flat.

That's one of two problems that I've read about Mike.  The first
being the front and rear surfaces not being parallel which can affect
image quality at all distances.  The other is the one Chuck mentioned
where the adapter is too thick to allow infinity focus.  I've
personally purchased adapters with the second problem but not the first.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA