[OM] Re: Walt's not dead yet

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt's not dead yet
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:10:04 +1100
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> Well, since you and others have asked...
> http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1134.jpg
> The prudish should not look, and if I offend anyone, well,
> ask me if I care. I'm in a weird place right now. She was
> always borderline "chunky," built for comfort, not for speed,
> but I kinda liked that.

Walt, I can't think of something more reassuring, more hopeful
that humanity doesn't see the need to stretch-and-distort itself
towards something positively alien, than seeing a photo of an
unclothed model that does *not* have that heroin-waif-with-a-couple
-of-party-balloons-on-her-chest look. That's not "chunky" -
that's those things called "curves". :-D

Knowing her relationship to the photographer, there is a
(confident) intimacy in this that gives the somewhat mens'-mag'
erotic pose a sense of warmth, if a sharing that is also a
sense that I'm being a bit of a "Peeping Tom" - I feel redfaced,
as if I stumbled into your photo session. <g> Not knowing the
relationship to the photographer, I'd say there's an unusual
placement of her right hand, but it's... unusual, not odd or
jarring, and still looks natural, as if caught in the midst
of casual movement (sometimes you see photos and wonder
if they broke the model's arm, or the model is trying to
scratch an itch in their upper-middle-back).

There's no Nude of an Art sort about this, by which I mean the
"Fine Art", sculptural nude books/photos you often see, but
that's a good thing to me - sometimes I suspect that "nude"
is used by some as a pretentious way of gaining an excuse to
look at acceptable "pornography" (and I don't mean to do the
"art vs. pornography" thing - I don't see that they have to
be mutually exclusive). There's character pouring out of her
face, rather than sculptural stone.

I'm a black-and-white person, but, for a change, I've got to
wonder at what this would have looked like in colour too.

In the end though, I can only say, she's quite obviously and
humanly beautiful, so thank you for capturing and sharing it.

I have been in a different weird place (that is, I don't pretend
that yours is not as unknowingly individual as we all are),
and I suspect that there's probably not a lot I can do to help you
out of it as much as I...we...would like to. With mine, there
was/is some comfort in my weird place - images, feelings, memories
- that I fear I'd lose if I moved even a single step. That stuff
I was worried I'd lose *did stay with me* though as I moved away,
gradually, and not necessarily knowingly, from the weirdness.

It doesn't at all hurt to bust some china though.

Cheers,
Marc (with apologies if my last presumptious comments offend)
Sydney, Oz