[OM] Re: XD card troubles

Subject: [OM] Re: XD card troubles
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:26:09 +0000
The CF card in my 300D was already formatted - but I formatted it in the
camera anyway just to be safe. No problems so far. I would expect CF to be
trouble-free anyway - since it's the most widely used standard on DSLRs. My
little Oly Camedia P & S has an XD card - but again, it's only ever held in
the camera and formatted in that so shouldn't be an issue.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: XD card troubles
>Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 03:13:34 -0800
>
>Phil wrote:
> > I had a 2 gig CF card given to me, I have been using it to transfer
>files to
> > and from work, I was going to start using it in my E1
> > is it safe to do this? or should I format it firts, in PC or E1
> >
>I'm not aware of any especially tricky problems with CF cards. Certainly
>nothing like the xD cards in Oly digicams. I also don't know anything
>about xD cards in Oly DSLRs. Probably nobody does, as they are much
>slower in that application than the CF cards.
>
>I've heard it's a good idea to format the card in the camera before
>relying on it for your images. I've only personally used CF cards with
>Canyon DSLRs, which seems quite a robust situation.
>
>Interestingly enough, Oly sells a little thumb drive, MAUSB-300, that
>uses xD cards, and the instructions say nothing at all about care using
>the cards as data repositories, then in one of their cameras. I have
>only used the 16 mb card that came with the F10 in it for data. I've
>left the DCIM subdirectory intact and the Fujis still find it
>acceptable. I have not, however taken the chance of using the 1 gb cards
>for data, using the thumb drive only for downloading and then erasing
>images in the cameras only.
>
>Moose

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!