[OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]

Subject: [OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:48:21 +0000
On 27/12/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Now I understand you trying  to confuse everyone..
>
> I try.  Every once in a while I actually succeed.  Once in a
> while I even write poetry.

Sure, it's obvious and can imagine you do both quite good, unlike me..

> > Much better to ask some people here to stop their personal
> > attacks.
>
> And that, my friend, is exactly what I was asking you to do.
> The other guys will be dealt with too if the personal attacks
> continue.

Certainly, and I should have probably been more understanding with
Winsor earlier on, maybe he was not intentionally negative.. But
first, I expect an apology for all that unprovoked 'bullshitting'
thrown to me, which is not the first time that occurs.. Too many times
so far, and not only in this thread... Too many times for not
wondering why I try to communicate with you people...

For a list-dog, by the way AG, and so unfortunately indeed, you seem
to sleep when people offend me, or some other particular people's
ideas too, or overall forget the fundamental right of opinion... but
you wake up when I reply back :))

It mustn't be that you just try to reinforce your own ideas -which
just happen to be opposite of mine, do you? Nah...

> I trust that they will sit on their hands instead of
> responding further.  If not, the three of you will find
> yourselves in "Digest Mode" or worse "Moderated".

Oh AG... I still remember our first email exchanges. There were quite
friendly and warm.. until the day I commented back in one of your
articles about the erosion of communities.

I praised it, I really did, do you remembered? But ooooops.. I said it
reminded me Marx! Oh no, wrong word eh?... Marx, one of the classics
of sociology, might be well known for his writing skills in describing
the effects of industrialisation, but I shouldn't use this 'name' here
in this list...

And did I mention ''capitalism'' too? Oh my God!!! Yes I did..
actually, when said that I disagreed with you, and in fact it is
capitalism and not mere technology the crucial factor in the social
change which you describe... Since then no reply again from you! Oh
dear...

And the problems continued, even worsened in the list.. any time I
tried to share some ideas, (nothing unusual but very common and
mainstream ideas in any university).. here we went again from the
world's leading lights .. ''your analysis is bullshit'' blah-blah
blah-blah...

What do you want people: special treatment? keep the real arguments
secret and hidden?

Damn, we sociologists... how we dare to use these words.. capitalism,
profit, industry interests, cultural discourse (wow), social critique
(double wow!) in this list? Even if they DO relate to what cameras we
can buy and our choices and our understanding of photography in
general...Yet, they must sound overly intellectual.. and I am SAD to
realise right now, even so ''offending'' or ''divisive'' to a list,
whose core is dominated by few 'guns and christianity',
old-ideas-neo-conservative-far-right-american honourable clique who
pad each other in the back, and probably when went to school
''capitalism'' was a forbidden word!!.. yeah, welcome to the real
world baby!!

I may find myself moderated? nice one :)))

I have a better idea:
I take a break by myself! And in the meanwhile, what about you start
asking for that apology, do better job regulating the bullying
attitudes and promote a culture of how to REALLY respect other
opinions and different ways of thinking/writing?...

C.S.

PS: I've met, of course, some great people here; sorry guys I hope
we'll stay in touch. But if you excuse me at the moment, I need some
fresh air and real freedom of thought and expression.. As we know,
this is what photographs are really made of...