[OM] Come on guys - Take it EASY !

Subject: [OM] Come on guys - Take it EASY !
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:33:33 -0000
Guys,

I have tried to stay out of this, but really this is just getting way
too out of hand now.

I originally read Christos' post and thought to myself that I agreed
with much of his analysis of the situation regarding the push of the
marketing departments to get us to buy the newest thing, etc., even if
it is no better than what we already have.  I really didn't think
Christos was insulting the members of this list, who generally are not
likely to be duped by the marketing hype, but rather the "masses" who do
follow this "digital is best" mantra that we are fed every day.  I think
it's fair to say that everyone here has made their decisions in a
reasoned way, and for their own reasons, rather than because someone in
an advert has told them that this-or-that is best.  Sadly, I think we
are the minority !

I didn't fully agree with the way Christos' message came across - it
seemed a little "forceful" - but I put that down to what I perceived to
be the fact that Christos' does not have English as a first language ?
(That said Christos does extremely well, and much better than I would in
a foreign language).

Then the insults started being hurled in all directions.  Please guys,
calm down.  Take the last message from Christos, for example, in reply
to AG ...

<snip>
For a list-dog, by the way AG, and so unfortunately indeed, you seem
to sleep when people offend me, ...
</snip>

Christos - I really hope this is a language-barrier problem here, or
maybe I am just being too generous I don't know.  It is quite offensive
to refer to AG as a "list-dog".  If you note from AG's original email
you are replying to, he signs it as "List Lap Dog".

James - no matter how right or wrong, or how the argument is put across,
calling his analysis "bullshit" is insulting, plain and simple.  And I
know you don't have a language barrier to hide behind.

Sorry, I'm not singling out you 2 in particular - I'm just not going to
go on quoting people here.  The above mentioned incidents were just a
couple that sprang to mind as being obviously very out-of-line.

So, come on - it's Christmas.  Even if you don't personally celebrate
it, take a little time to have a glass of something relaxing and do
something you enjoy (take some pictures ?!)

Hoping this all calms down VERY soon,

Jon