[OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:53:13 +1300
At 8:09 PM -0800 26/12/06, Ali Shah wrote:
>I am looking into a basic setup for remote flash. A
>light stand that will hold a flash and an umbrella.
>Will something like item # 160065512027 on yabe do the
>trick? There are straight stands and boom
>stands...what will work the best?!?! Right now I just
>want something to mess around with.

If you shoot a lot of location stuff, and you don't want to carry
extra gear like stands and umbrellas, consider other options.

Gaffer tape and a little clamp will work wonders. REAL gaffer tape,
that is, not just duct tape or Super Gaffer Tape. Real gaffer tape
comes off the walls without taking down the walls.

Have a slave (handy person) hold the slave (flash).

Consider smaller options to the umbrella: diffuser domes, scoops,
balloon diffusers and reflectors smaller than the umbrellas.

As a large replacement to the umbrella, try collapsible fabric reflector discs.

Hope this helps .

M<
--
Cheers from the Antipodes