[OM] Re: OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ? [finaly]

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ? [finaly]
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:56:38 -0500
The main shutter gears (which are right there, just to the left of the
circuit board) ride on 44 - 1mm ball bearings.  They're supposed to be
lightly lubricated. Naptha will wash the lube out.

As I said there were many causes of shutter lock. One cause can be the
metal plate at the front of the mirror box floor. The underside of the
plate (left hand side only) should have a small piece of electrical tape
on it.  Plate comes very close to the gold trigger switch posts on the
main board.  If plate does not have the insulator and touches the post,
shutter may lock up.  Also, the circular circuit board which runs around
the meter housing should have a clear insulator on top of it.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net