[OM] Re: Kodak Sensor

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak Sensor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:04:44 -0500
Another reason to own a 5D.  If a lens isn't good enough to meet the
5D's resolving power which has 12.8 MP in 864 square mm. it makes you
wonder what's actually happening (or failing to happen) with a 4/3's
camera which has 10 MP packed into 228 square mm, or the 30D which has 8
MP packed into 338 square mm.

I'm sure the new 4/3 lenses are designed to resolve to the limits of
these small sensors but our 35mm lenses are getting stretched even at
the pixel density of a 5D.  Best not to ask too much of them.

Chuck Norcutt