[OM] Re: Kodak Sensor

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak Sensor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:59:18 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:
> But, but, ... we're talking M8 not E400.

Exactly, so they could presumably spend more on quieter amplifiers,
better shielding, and/or whatever than on a consumer body like the E-400.
> Probably Leica has patents on shifting the position of the microlenses
> to compensate for  non-perpendicular light rays.

Very possibly. I'm pretty sure I read that N has patent control of some
features of their sensor chips, even though they don't actually make them.
> -jeff
>
> I don't think there has been any official comment on where Oly is
> buying their new sensors. The un-official / ex employee who
> volunteered to be a link said Kodak wasn't used in the E400. I believe
> some of the official interviews talked about specific sources other
> than Kodak being of interest to Oly but didn't say if they were buying
> anything.

I know I saw Panny in electronic print somewhere, but I don't remember
where and whoever wrote it could have been wrong. Certainly the other
Panny connections make it a possibility.

Moose