[OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:54:59 +0200
>That is a problem with a lot of the wide angle lenses. When you get down
>to the 7 to 10mm range the lenses do tend to get fairly big. What I
>would like (but will never see I am sure) would be a lighter more
>compact 7 or 8mm with manual focus and hyperfocal markings. In a
>superwide I don't really see the need for autofocus. I doubt there is
>much market for such a lens though.
>
>Jim Couch

I would like such a rare bird as well. But we'll never see it ;-)

That's one of the reasons why I am now again balancing between N* and C*
again... My 24/2.8 or 21/3.5 on a 5D - or a Tamron 17mm, or Sigma 15mm (fish
eye, unfortunately, albeit a full frame one) on a D200...

I have the Oly 11-22 and like it, but it does not fit my "optimal lens kit". I
would prefer a small, fixed focal WA lens, not a biggish zoom.

Bernard