[OM] Re: Adapter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:45:00 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I have the $100 Chinese version from Martin Cheung which is apparently
> no longer being offered.  Someone else (Moose?)
Not me. Never seen a Cheung, nor his adapter.
> The cirrisgao OM to EOS adapter looks identical to the one I bought for
> about $20 from another seller and which works fine but has a fit problem
> with three of my OEM lenses.
I assume here you mean "non-OEM"
> All of the Zuikos and the remainder of the
> 17 other lenses fit just fine.  Of course, the same part could be in
> production throughout Beijing in 37 other small machine shops all with
> manually operated lathes.  Numerical control equipment and precision to
> the nearest 1/10,000 of an inch may not be the norm.

I think I have the same adapter from the same seller. It seems to work
very nicely with all the Zuikos I tried and the Kirons. Fits the Tamron
Adaptalls a little tighter, but fine. Fits about half the Tokinas very
nicely and won't go on some others, at least without forcing, which I
didn't try.  :-)   The obviously hand made, un-plated brass one that I
bought early on, and had to modify slightly, fits the few Tokinas that
don't fit in the newer, nicer looking one.

Remember, the third party lenses are reverse engineered from Zuikos,
just as the adapters are, so subtle errors can compound. Kiron seems to
have done the best job; they feel just like the Zuikos.

I agree I'd just go for one of the $20+ Chinese adapters again.

Moose