[OM] Re: Adapter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:38:29 -0400
I have the $100 Chinese version from Martin Cheung which is apparently
no longer being offered.  Someone else (Moose?) seems to think there's
something wrong with theirs but mine works just fine and fits all of my
20-something lenses.  It's definitely of different manufacture than what
is commonly offered on the bay these days for about $20.  I also have
one of the $20 Chinese versions which is finished as well as the $100
version.  It fits the camera very well (no slop) and fits all of my
Zuikos but will not fit 3 of my non-Zuiko lenses.  One is the Vivitar
Series 1 90/2.5, another is the Tokina RMC 17/3.5 and the last is the
Soligor CD 35-70/2.5.  I suspect that both lenses and adapter are out of
spec by a few 10 thousandths and they won't quite mate.

I'd go for the $20 version first.  Throw it away if it doesn't work out.
  Just make sure it's chrome plated brass/bronze and not aluminum.

Chuck Norcutt