[OM] Re: Red-eye and contact lenses - and other evils flash does

Subject: [OM] Re: Red-eye and contact lenses - and other evils flash does
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:08:04 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> In the end I think it would be all too much work for what is most likely
> to end up as a small section of a 4x6 print.

As you say, although most of the work I did on this version applies to a
much larger portion of the image.

As you said before, I learned a lot, whether it's ever used for anything
or not. I've never attempted to correct red-eye, let alone the further
evils of direct flash. I was actually quite pleased at being able to
correct all the reflections with skin ending up rather natural looking.
I've used flash on people very little in the last few years, but this
will likely stand me in good stead when I get further back in the
scanning of old film.
> Your last cut is pretty good but I think you still missed the full
> extent of the pupils which I have concluded are very widely dilated.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
> The highlight positioning might look odd but I think you've learned as I
> have that you attempt to fix them at your own peril.  More often than
> not the cure is worse than the disease.  :-)

Oh, well!

Moose