[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:59:25 +0200
So my Dell has two hard drives (C: has WinXPpro and applics, D: has
the data and scratch/temp directories), and I have a CD-burner and a
DVD reader.  (And an external USB2 drive has the backups.)

There are two IDE ribbon cables coming off the mother board, and the
way they are routed around the box encourages putting both hard drives
on one cable and both cd/dvd drives on another.  I assume each cable
is one controller and it might be better to make a different
configuration so that C and D are separated?

what do you think?
thanks
jez