[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:46:27 +0200
Oops. I didn't. I lied. Sorry.   :o)

The raptors are each on a separate channel (Duh! sata: of course they are),
but as my mainboard only features one controller, they are on the same
controller. However, some of the newer mbs have two controllers, allowing to
connect each disk to its own. Now I come to think about it, I'm not sure
there is an advantage in using two controllers over one.

The external case is the odd one out, however (Thecus N2050 Deluxe) .
Internally it holds TWO sata disks and combines those either in RAID 1 or
RAID 0 (no, it doesn't do JBOD). On the outside it presents itself as ONE
sata device. It is connected to the PC through 1 external sata port. I had
to put in a PCI card in order to get the external sata available.

Bart