[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:58:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Michael wrote:

> This monitor is the same as the LaCie 321 (NEC rebadged as LaCie) and only
> needs a software upgrade from NEC to bring it up to exact specs of the
> LaCie.
>
> That's the problem.  NEC Australia doesn't seem interested in supplying the
> Spectraview software that is readily available in the US.  Can anyone over
> there help out?  It is still the best LCD I have ever used without the
> Spectraview upgrade.

My understanding is that the non-Spectraview NEC monitors have their
firmware crippled so that they won't work with Spectraview.  Even if you
got the software it wouldn't work since the monitor would refuse to
accept the setting that Spectraview makes.  Supposedly the North American
versions of the monitors aren't crippled.
                                        -mark