[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:03:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Chris Barker wrote:

> Thanks, Winsor, I shall look out for the NEC.

I just recently upgraded my old Trinitron CRT to a 20" NEC LCD 2090UXi.
It's an incredible monitor, it's far better than I had ever expected an
LCD monitor to be.  The colour profile I created for it using the Eye One
shows that out of the box the NEC monitor needs very little correction.
I'm also very pleased with the 1600x1200 resolution that it provides.
The only downside is the price, it's not the cheapest monitor on the
market, but it's also not as ridiculously priced as the Eizo CG220.
                                        -mark