[OM] OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] OT a couple computer questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:07:26 -0700
I finally 'bit the bullet' (no gun thread hijack please) and ordered a
new computer. Or at least the pieces to make one.

1) I ordered 2 WestDig 250gb SATA HD's and wondered what would be the
best way to format/partition them? I also have my old 80gb IDE drive
with archived photos etc. which is FAT32 with several partitions but no
OS. I was thinking I would just hook up the 80bg drive and copy the
whole contents to one of the 250gb drives which would then become the
main archive drive. The old stripped down computer goes out in the shop
on full time backup detail.

2) The other 250gb drive would get a reasonable partition for WinXP and
another for ubuntu maybe. How should I break this up?

3) I have WinXP home edition now but am thinking to upgrade. Should I?
Recommendations?

4) Finally, anyone have any experience with this monitor?
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001226>

Thanks,
Mike