[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:31:29 +0200
Jez,

Here's my two cents:

Get a PCI expansion card with an extra IDE controller, and hook your
CDDVDReW devices up to that. Preferrrably with two cables.
It is most likely that the mother bord has one controller on board with two
channels (and thus two connectors).  Connect each drive to its own channel
with its own cable.

If you want to go through with this, let me suggest that you do it in steps,
allowing windows to get used to the new situation after each removal, move
or addition of a device.

Regards,
Bart