[OM] Re: Ree: Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: Ree: Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:41:27 +0930
On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 02:37:23AM -0400, Larry wrote:

> Oh, and a visit to the GP? $150 US.

Hey, that's excellent value for money ;)

I went to the doctor twice last financial year, thus under our _FREE_
health care system my visits cost me (personally) in the ballpark of
AUD$350 each, PLUS the $10 gap AND the flamin' form filling... just to
be told I have a cold/virus/whatever that can't be treated anyway & I
should go home to bed with plenty of fluids (where I knew I should have
stayed in the first place).  I had to go, I needed the sick certificate
so I wouldn't get sacked under the new IR legisation!

All of my feeble attempts at humour aside, to keep this in perspective,
the average Aussie GP charges around $40-$50 for a standard 10-minute
consult, to which I'm entitled to claim about $33 back from either the
gov't medicare system or my health insurer.

davidt