[OM] Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:11:51 -0700
James Royall wrote:
> OK. Seeing as this list seems to have a higher proportion of people
> interested (obsessed) by grammar and language than the average
> population it seems the perfect place to ask about this expression.
Indeed. Might it thus also be an appropriate venue in which to question
what appears to me to be sloppy usage?

I would have typed "interested in (obsessed by) grammar", thinking that
agreement between verb and adverb* might be important to someone raising
questions of grammar.

You asked for it?  :-) ***

Moose

* or whatever other names may turn out to be used to formally identify
those two types of words. Whatever their names, I know they should agree
with each other when out in public, whatever their private differences.
I have conveniently forgotten much of the formal grammar unappreciated
teachers attempted to indelibly burn into my brain.

In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz**, "/Ha/ ha!" I don't know their
names, but I can still wield them with the best of those on a first name
basis with them.

** <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Muntz>

*** I DO love this list!